Intimacy Directors International UK (formally Theatrical Intimacy) is a network of Intimacy Directors and Intimacy Coordinators. IDI-UK supports the growing necessity for intimacy direction/coordination in the industry as well as offering professional training to the performing arts and media community.
INTIMACY is defined as any moment which portrays intimate physical contact. This may include, but not restricted to:
- Kissing and intimate touch
- Creating chemistry and attraction
- Intimacy between parents and children
- Intimacy between friends
- Portrayal of sexual actions
- Portrayal of traumatic events which involve intimacy
- Portrayal of sexual violence
ITI-UK contributes to productions by not only creating choreography which serves the story but also by facilitating a safe environment for both performers, creatives and technical teams.