A planning tool to support theatres in achieving greater diversity in their casts
This Tracker, developed in association with the National Theatre Data Studio, is a planning tool which enables theatre companies to:
- identify clear aims and timeframes around diversifying their casts
- monitor progress towards goals on an ongoing basis
- capture data giving a nuanced picture of diversity across their artistic programme
This first iteration of the Tracker is designed specifically for theatre companies that stage multiple productions a year and produce or co-produce their own work. Over time, as the Tracker is used and tested within the industry, we hope to broaden its scope so that a wider range of organisations and individuals can use it.
Get the tracker
Using the Tracker
Identify one person who will take responsibility for entering and updating the data
We have created a video tutorial for this person to watch which will provide them with the instructions for how to use the Tracker.
Watch the tutorial
Download the tool
This bundle includes:
- the Tracker spreadsheet
- discussion guides providing a framework for conversations with colleagues about what you are seeking to achieve, and how roles and responsibilities will be assigned
- templates for capturing learning from specific productions.
Download the Tracker (20mb zip)
Tell us how we’re doing
The Tracker is new and although it’s been tested by a small number of companies there is still far more for us to learn about it. If you have any feedback from using it, or have any ideas on where we could take it next please let us know.